August 26, 2007

Our Summer - AUGUST

Well, since I am finally jumping on the bandwagon and doing a family blog... I thought I would just re-cap our Summer, beginning with the last month - August.

As August was approaching, it was really kind of sad because I knew it would be the last few weeks I would have Preston all to myself every day. I know next Summer will be here before we know it, but it was so weird knowing that he would be gone every day during the week at Kindergarten starting soon. Honestly, if Evan weren't on the way, I don't know what I would do with myself! Your life changes so completely with kids; you just can't remember what you ever did with your time before...

So here are a few moments from our last month of Summer!



Preston's favorite place to go is the Dallas World Aquarium. We picked up his cousin, Skylar (she's really my best friend's daughter, but they are our family). They enjoyed seeing all the animals and then eating at the Spaghetti Warehouse (in the train of course) afterwards.

Another great place for the Summer is Jack Carter Pool. If you've never been, it's the best $2 you'll ever spend! I think we went 4-5 times over the Summer. This picture is with some of our good friends from church - David, Gavin and Keaton.



And one of our August traditions is going to the last Friday home game for the Frisco Roughriders. It always falls right around Preston's birthday; this was our fourth year to go. We normally go with our good friends, The Bradleys, but unfortunately they were sick and couldn't make it. Preston was disappointed, but still had a great time... there's nothing better than a ballpark hot dog! And Preston even got to shake Deuce's hand (the team mascot). What a beautiful ballpark - if you haven't been, please make it a date!



Preston loves helping in the kitchen, so we did a couple of "kitchen" activities this Summer. First, we went to a cupcake decorating class at JoAnn's. They got to decorate a cupcake "inch worm". Preston just loved it. Mommy actually took a cake decorating class earlier this Summer and he kept saying he wanted to decorate cakes, so when I found out they had kid's classes he was so excited! Then, we also went to this new place called Young Chefs Academy, where they have a group of kids actually make a dish in the kitchen... Preston got to make Mississippi Mud Pie and a punch called "Pirate's Potion". It was really a fun place and their dishes turned out yummy!



You are so much fun to hang out with Preston... I couldn't ask for a better kid!

P.S. And even though I was 8 months pregnant... when I found out that my favorite band in the whole world was coming in concert - Third Eye Blind... I just had to go! I think I've seen them four times in concert, I just love them! Erick and I had a great time. I wanted so badly to go backstage and meet them - I mean I had to be the only 8-month pregnant lady there, right?!?

No comments: