May 7, 2008

A Winter-y March



So, I'm still trying to play catch up with the blog... and I just couldn't leave out that we got some absolutely beautiful snow in March - twice! This particular snow was really great - we got so much! More snow than I've seen in a while and I've lived here my whole life! Most the time we get that yucky ice and sleet - but this was snow - beautiful powder white SNOW!

Preston was so excited to play in the snow. It was actually a week before we closed on the house, but school was delayed so we drove up to the house and played in our front yard! Evan was sacked out in the house while Preston and I had a snowball fight and goofed off!

The streets were so beautiful - and all the trees and rooftops were covered - it was very peaceful and crisp! I'm not sure if I could live somewhere that has snow 3-4 months out of the year, but it sure is a pleasant escape every once in a while... we actually had a "season" in Texas! Whoo hoo! You know we'll have a "Summer" season in Texas, why can't we skip that one year - or at least skip the triple digits!

Just as a sidenote - we have seriously had the craziest weather this Spring! First.... two rounds of snow, then I think we have had some of the most severe thunderstorms and wind that I've seen in a while. And since we've been in the house we have had 5-6 tornado warnings - not watches, warnings! The sirens have gone off three times, I think - as the boys and I have had to pile into our front closet! Oh - the joy of Texas weather. It's such a cliche - but it is true... if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes and it will change!

Here are some pics of our winter-y weather!

Preston could have played all day...



Can you see the snowball mid-air?



It's hard to see in this picture - but the snow was literally piled knee-deep at the edges of the fence!



And this picture just does not do justice to how beautiful these trees were in the drive up to our neighborhood... it was like a postcard.

No comments: