January 20, 2009

Awards Time


So, every once in a while I must use this blog to brag on my two handsome, funny, smart and precious boys! :) Hee hee! I hope that you don't mind this indulgence! All kidding aside - I just always want my boys to know how extremely proud and honored we are to have them!

We were just so excited when Preston's school had their first awards assembly of the year and Preston was honored with receiving TWO awards - he won the Spanish award and Science award for first grade. He was very excited too! He knew that he was receiving one award, but we kept it a secret that he was getting a second award - he was very proud. Here he is on stage with his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Alexander. Preston LOVES Mrs. Alexander, LOVES school and works very hard. He hops out of bed every morning ready to go to school; it is a great thing! I'll admit that sometimes I don't "hop" out of bed to take him.... can't school start at 10:00am! :)

I was so sad to miss the Awards Day; they were given out on the second day of my 3-Day Walk... so I was trekking through North Dallas as he was getting his award - but I was sure to call Preston when we got back to camp that night and hear all about it! Daddy and Evan were there to celebrate and capture the moment on film. Way to go, Preston! School is not all about awards, but they sure are special and let you know that you are doing the right things and that your kids are learning. I can't believe that we are already halfway through first grade; time goes by so fast. And our little first grader came home with his report card the other day and he is already reading at a third grade level. WOW! This is solely because he LOVES to read and because he has great teachers! In fact, he lost his "toy" privileges the other day (7-year old attitude) and he sat down and read three chapter books.... makes me not feel so bad for having to take away his privileges... even if he is reading "Captain Underpants" - oh the joys of boys!

Okay, brag session over.... thanks for indulging! Love to all!

No comments: