November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007



What a cute little scarecrow - I don't think he could scare off anything!

I have a dear friend that makes these great cards for me... she is awesome, thank you Lisha! Her website is on the bottom right side of the blog - http://www.swaknotes.com/. Check her website out or e-mail her if you ever want cute personalized notecards - they make a great gift!

Now on to Evan's first Thanksgiving...


I love Thanksgiving - I think mainly because I get to see my family, which is an unfortunate rare thing. We always have a great time eating all day and visiting.

Preston LOVES Thanksgiving because he gets to see his cousins. He adores his cousin, Caden, and they get to play all day. It's all Preston can talk about - "When is Caden getting here?". Caden is a little older than Preston, so I'm sure Preston wears him out! They are very sweet together though - below is pic of Preston with some of his cousins. We love you guys! And I'm sure Evan would have enjoyed playing with his cousins... but again, the boy was snoozing the whole day! You could pass him round and round and still, asleep.


We also got pics of me and the boys with my Dad, "Popee". I wish we saw you more Popee!


And another pic is me and the boys with all the ladies - including my two cousins, my aunt and grandmother. I've always been really close to these ladies growing up and I love spending time with all of them.... and speaking of that...


So after the boys are gone or off playing, then the girls get down to business. We start going through all the newspaper store ads for sales happening on Black Friday. Oh yes, we are some of the lunatics that are up and at the stores at 5:00am or earlier. We woke up at 3:00am and were out the door by 4:00am (brrrrr... it was cold this year) - we stopped by our usual breakfast restaurant (Whataburger) to grab some fuel for the morning and then we were off to shop all day! It is a great tradition and we've been doing it ever since I can remember... we call ourselves the "Boo-Ya Sisterhood Shopping Club". I keep saying I'm going to make us t-shirts to wear, maybe next year! Can't wait til next year girls!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is GOOD. I am thankful for so many things in my life - for my wonderful family, great friends, mine and my family's health and for the many blessings that God has given us. We are not worthy.

As my friends, please be sure to slap me if you ever see me taking my life for granted!

And now that Thanksgiving is over... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Love to all,

No comments: