December 2, 2007

My Birthday


Well, I'll admit - my birthday is never really all that exciting. No party at Pump It Up! for me... although I think that would be a BLAST to have an adult party there - hey, I'll admit, I still enjoy jumping in a bounce house! Seriously, I did enjoy a yummy lunch at one of my favorite restaurants - Jin Beh... yummy, fried rice!

I do have to share a sweet story though. So the day before my birthday Preston and Erick were at Home Depot doing the Kids' Home Depot Day and after they got done with their project Preston walked around the store and picked out all these paint and tile samples and brochures. Then he came home and wrapped them in tin foil and told me not to look, they were my birthday "surprise". Then AS SOON, and I mean, AS SOON, as he woke up the next morning - he ran in the bedroom to tell me a big Happy Birthday and gave me my gift... he said "Mom, these are to help you choose all the stuff for the house". So thoughtful, thank you Preston. You made Mommy's birthday!

And thank you to our church Life Group for the birthday song and cake! That was a great way to spend my birthday evening.

Another year older - oh, well.

No comments: