September 10, 2008

We're Not In Kindergarten Anymore



One of my favorite things about Preston is his love for school. He loves everything about school - meeting new people, learning new things, seeing his old friends. His favorite subjects are P.E. of course, Science and going to the library. Oh, and recess if that's a subject! He loves reading, working on projects and still loves to draw. Preston is such a passionate person and he wakes up every morning excited for a new day - thank you, Preston, for being my morning boy... because I unfortunately am NOT! Hee hee!



Well, of course Preston was SUPER thrilled about his first day of first grade! He really felt so big and you know, he felt so big to me too! Something about first grade, it's like they've been initiated and now the real fun begins. Here is Daddy walking him into school the first day - it's so neat to see all the parents with their cameras and smiles on their faces! Preston was sooo happy to see all of his friends!



So this year the kids have desks! Whoo hoo! We came to Meet the Teacher and put up all of his school supplies so they were ready to go on the first day! Oh, I love school supplies... honestly. Although some of the items on the list were HARD to find, I had to buddy up with my friend, Tasha, who also has a first grader in the school district and we helped each other track down those odd items.



And here is Preston with his first grade teacher, Mrs. Alexander. She is a sweetie. Preston loves everyone, but I can already tell that she is going to hold a special place in Preston's heart. She has been teaching three years and has a baby just a little younger than Evan. I know that I can remember just about all of my teachers, so it's pretty special to meet Preston's teachers that may very well have a huge impact on his life. Because during the week, he spends more time at school than at home! Thank you to Mrs. Alexander and to all of those wonderful teachers who spend their lives teaching our children.

I do miss the little man hanging out with me at home and going on fun Summer playdates, but there's also something wonderful about Fall, school and all the new adventures to come! Life does become a little busier in the Fall, but I couldn't ask for a more wonderful little first grader! Good luck in first grade, Preston... now stop growing up so fast!

No comments: