July 8, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation



I know we are almost half-way through the Summer... but I had to get around to blogging about Preston's sweet Kindergarten graduation. It was so cute and I truly can't believe this first year of school went by so quickly. He has grown and matured so much, and he just couldn't have loved Kindergarten anymore than he did! Thank you to his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Wonsang, and to everyone at his amazing school!

So pardon me if I brag just a bit... but I am so proud of this excellent student! He even got a couple of "excellence" awards this year. He got one in P.E. and then right before graduation he was honored with the "Art Excellence" award for all of Kindergarten. This one was really special because he is so passionate about art and drawing! Way to go Preston! He left Kindergarten reading at a second grade level; and let me tell you that he loves to read. He'll read whatever is put in front of him - novels, magazines, etc... it's pretty funny sometimes the things he chooses to read aloud! We were in the mall a few months ago and he just starts reading a poster, "How To Look Good Naked!", he just laughed after he realized what he had read!

It is so inspiring and overwhelming to see this little boy grow up before our eyes. He is a great kid and I pray every day that we will be the parents that he needs us to be for him to walk down the path God has chosen for him!

Oh, and I always wondered growing up how kids got perfect attendance!?!? Well, Preston only missed one day of school this year! And he had a pretty good excuse for that one day - Mom's water broke at 5:00am and he was at the hospital welcoming a baby brother into the world! Hee hee! But every morning Preston woke up happy and ready for school! Thank you for that! I'm sure there will be years down the road where it will not be that easy to get a growing boy out of bed for school!!!

Thanks Aunt Susan, Skylar and Trevor for celebrating this milestone with our family! It was very special to have you there - we love you. As Preston said right after graduation, "I'm now officially a first grader!"



And here's Preston with his P.E. coach - Coach Sladecek... he adores Coach Sladecek and P.E. is one of his favorite subjects! I guess we can forgive you Coach for wearing the Longhorns lanyard! Ha!



Can you believe it... graduating Class of 2020!

No comments: