July 10, 2008

Scrapbook Weekend



So, I guess it was about three years ago when my dear friend, Tasha (in the red shirt), invited me to a "scrapbook retreat". And although, at the time, I was not a scrapbooker and didn't know what to expect - I decided to go to just catch up on projects and really just get away for a relaxing mommy weekend! Well, I am so glad that I went and after going to about two retreats I decided that I would give scrapbooking a try - and of course, I have been addicted ever since! And since I never do anything half-way, I have been collecting every whosit, whatsit, gidget and gadget for scrapbooking since I started this madness! I love all the great papers and embellishments too - I would have never thought I would have become such a scrapbook junkie! Hee hee! And even though I am sooo far behind on scrapbooking, it is just a relaxing, creative outlet and a great way to spend time with good friends! Check out these pictures below... this is our view from the crop room, sooooo beautiful.





As you can see, this place that we went to last month was absolutely gorgeous. I guess I've been to about ten retreats now and this is my favorite place. Plus, it is near Canton and we always go shopping while we are there! You can't beat that with a stick! If you've never been on a scrapbook retreat you must go! Even if you don't scrapbook, it is such a fun time. It is a total mommy weekend! We go up on Thursday or Friday to scrapbook all weekend - we have delicious meals cooked for us, we get massages, go shopping, watch tons of movies and are silly staying up until all hours of the night!

Thank you, Tasha, for showing me the world of scrapbooking! You are such a great friend and I know my boys will enjoy their scrapbook pages for years to come!

And here are some of the usual suspects... Ashley, Cathy, Kim, Sheryl, Summer, Susan, me, Tasha, Wendy and Kendra.

No comments: