August 14, 2008

Mommy's Favorite Band



I know, this a horrible picture... it's all I could get last Summer when we went and saw my favorite band in concert - Third Eye Blind. They didn't allow you to take cameras in - so I tried to get a quick shot with the phone! I just downloaded a bunch of old pictures from Erick's phone the other day and thought I'd finally blog about one of my favorite nights! It was a sold-out concert where literally EVERYONE was singing EVERY word to every song...

So, let me say up front that I love Third Eye Blind for their music; I appreciate them as songwriters, artists and musicians. They have political and religious views that I absolutely do not share, and no - their music is not always politically correct. It's not something that I listen to with the boys in the car - not that there are bad words all over the place, it's just not always the right message for them. Plus, it's music that I like to jam to by myself when I'm driving to a scrapbook retreat or something! Hee hee!

So, Erick and I have seen them four times in concert... this picture is from the last time we saw them, last July. Yes, I was literally 7 months pregnant... definitely not the norm at a rock concert! I was looking for more pregnant mommies, but none were to be found... I thought about going backstage and begging for them to let the pregnant lady in to meet them! Ha!

I have such good memories associated with their music... some of our dear friends, Molly and Jared - who now live in San Francisco, are also fans and their music always reminds me of them. And when Erick and I were married about a year, we took a trip to Colorado (drove) and we only had two CDs in the car, and as the radio went in and out - Third Eye Blind's debut CD was played too many times to count. That was one of my most favorite vacations with my husband, and so this CD brings back memories of our road trip!

So even though they are all very liberal musicians - I can certainly appreciate that they are a brilliant band and I can't wait to see them in concert again!

ROCK ON!

No comments: