August 16, 2008

The Sweetest Handyman



It's every day that I realize how truly blessed I am to have such an amazing husband in Erick. I could not ask for a better partner, friend and father for our sons. He is so patient and fun and shows his love for us every day. Thank you, Daddy!! Just had to brag on you just a little bit...

And so the picture above was hilarious! We have these niches going up our back set of stairs and well, of course I must decorate them! The first one wasn't hard, you could kind of reach it from the stairs. But the one further down the stairs was a little trickier! I actually had to hoist Erick up into the niche so that he could hang some pictures in there for me! So, we got them all hung - and then the harder part... getting down! Ha! He had to trust on me to lower him down! I'm sure we won't be changing the decor in these niches anytime soon!



And here are my two fabulous handymen hard at work painting the base coat for the kitchen! It was a Saturday morning and I got a wild hair that today was the day I wanted to faux finish the kitchen! So while I was next door helping a neighbor with decorating her house, my boys were hard at work painting! They quickly got on the basecoat in time for me to come home and do the faux finish on top.... which wasn't so quick, I think we were up until about 2:00am and then still had more left to do the next morning before we had dinner guests over later that day! Kitchens are so time-consuming because you've got to tape and work around all the cabinets, etc... Again, I don't think we'll be changing the paint color in here for a while! I'm glad it's DONE! Thank you Daddy for working so hard and being the BEST painter! And thank you my little handyman, Preston, for helping paint every room with Daddy... you are a great helper!



Okay, so this picture above... I had to just get it from inside the house, so it's through the window. I didn't want these guys who were helping with our landscape to wonder why the weird lady in the house was taking a picture of them literally jack-hammering our yard! Yes, jack-hammering! So, can you see next to us that we still have an empty lot next door, and can you see all the rock? No, there wasn't a truck that came and dropped off a bunch of cool rock... that's what is underneath our houses out here! I remember when they were digging the trenches for our foundation - they had to bring out special machinery to get the holes deep enough - it delayed the house at least two weeks. It was crazy! Good for foundation though! We always joke that they didn't even need to pour a foundation, they could have just started building! By the way, Preston loves going to "dig" for "fossils" in this rocky lot next door... if I even go out to check the mail he's running behind me and over to the lot next door to dig for "fossils".

So, anyway... back to the guys above. We were in the house a few days and noticed that our trees were a little crooked. So we kept calling the landscapers and asking them to come out and straighten up our trees. So they came out and attempted to re-stake our trees to help them, but after "digging" for quite some time the little guy knocked on my door and said "I'll have to come back with my jack-hammer tomorrow!" He couldn't even dig a big enough hole for a tree stake! So, here they are.... they had to jack-hammer and re-stake all of our trees! Unfortunately, before they could get them all done, two of our trees in the backyard fell over and we are praying that they will survive... poor little trees, just trying to survive in this Texas rock and Texas heat!

Well, back to some more "to do's" and I'm sure some more "honey do's" for my honey!

No comments: