December 27, 2008

Happy Halloween


CANDY, CANDY, CANDY (as Garfield says).... oh, just one of the many joys of Halloween - mine and Erick's most favorite holiday of the year! It's just a time of year that I've always loved - it's just so much fun! I love costumes and all the decorations, and candy and the kids going trick-or-treating.... the neighborhood just feels so special and the kids are having so much fun! And Erick and I love haunted houses and scary movies - oh yes, we do! We deck the house out in skeletons and haunted villages, all in great fun! Carving pumpkins, pumpkin spice candles, caramel apples, love it all!

So here are a few pics from our Halloween 2008! Preston chose to be a fighter pilot this year... Maverick's got nothing on my little fighter pilot! :)


And of course, once again I couldn't choose just one costume for Evan (you'll see more below) - he had four costumes! But for Halloween night and trick-or-treating - he was this cute little pumpkin!


Here they are getting ready to go trick-or-treating with Dad! It's always a hard dilemma for me... I want to go trick-or-treating, but I also want to make sure someone is home handing out candy! So, I went to a couple of houses with them, and then stayed home and sat on the front porch, handing out candy and watching all the kids and visiting with our sweet neighbors. It was so awesome to trick-or-treat in our new neighborhood and be in a home again; just a great feeling - I was a happy mom and I was indeed dressed at "Princess Lea" for the evening's festivities... but I will not make you guys see me in that lovely wig! :-)

Erick took the boys around the neighborhood; Evan sat in his stroller and had a ball watching everyone. And Preston had a blast seeing all of his school friends and getting tons of candy!



Then they came home and we dumped out the loot and began to sample some treats! And little Evan....... well - he thought it was absolutely hilarious and the best time ever to just dive head first into all the candy! It was a riot! He would dive in and then stand up and throw candy on to the wood floors and laugh hysterically at the sounds the candy would make! He must have done this for 30 minutes - and then ran around the house just laughing! We were all very entertained and just sat around watching him.... so funny, although I think some of our Halloween candy took some abuse for this activity... a few smooshed candy bars and crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! Ha!


Our Halloween villages at home...



And that day at Preston's school Evan and I went up and celebrated as they had their annual Halloween Sock Hop. They have all sorts of fun games to play and the kids get lots of prizes!

Here Preston is about to throw a ball at the dunk tank. The Fire Department was there and they all volunteered to sit in the dunk tank.... sorry guys! Preston has quite the arm and dunked him on his first shot! It was so cute... as Preston got up there all of his friends, the whole line, was cheering "Preston, Preston, Preston!" There was a loud roar when the Fireman went down! Ha!


And as I mentioned above, I wasn't able to choose just one costume for Evan.... here he is in his parade of costumes! These are also some of his one-year pictures that I had taken by a sweet photographer at our house... enjoy!




Until next year.... Happy Halloween!! BOO!

No comments: