December 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008


Yummy! Above is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal in my opinion - the desserts! Including these delicious Oreo Balls that I make every Thanksgiving - they are sinful!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving; this is Preston's favorite holiday! He loves "spending time with his family" and "the food"; he adores his cousins and loves getting to hang out with them all day! And really that's all we do on Thanksgiving - spend time with my family, eat, hang out, watch football... the usual! Here is Preston enjoying his Thanksgiving feast.


And here we are with Poppee (my dad)... we only get to see him a couple of times a year - don't be a stranger, Poppee!


The cousins... playing Guitar Hero! Preston is not into this game yet, but it won't be long I am sure! He loved watching them play.


And this was the cherry on top for Preston - getting to go fishing on Thanksgiving Day! The best day ever! My cousins have a little lake behind the house, so the boys (and girls) got out the fishing gear and went for a quick fish!


And Evan is also at his happiest when he's outside... he loved running around with Daddy - here he is figuring out his first dandelion.


Love this picture - one day I'm sure Evan will tower as tall as his Daddy, but for now he is our "little man".


We spent most of the day outside wandering around on their land... Preston wore out his cousin, Chandler, running up and down these hills!


Fun in the leaves... love the Fall; can't wait to have big trees... one of the downfalls of a new neighborhood.


Getting to hang out with Poppee... and Evan - not wanting to be held for even a moment, just put him down and let him run! And trust me - we are no longer walking, we are running!


Preston loves playing pool... here he is getting a lesson from his cousin, Tristan. One day when we can get all the toys out of the playroom maybe we'll get a pool table... a big kid toy! Erick and I started dating when he was down in College Station and we spent many a Friday night playing pool, great memories.


I am so thankful for the many blessings that God has generously given me and my family. I am so grateful for each day and every adventure. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! Many blessings to everyone!


Oh, I almost forgot... so my Thanksgiving is not complete on Thursday... the girls always extend the holiday to Friday with Black Friday shopping! It is a tradition with us girls for as long as I can remember - me with my cousins Tiffany and Erika and their daughers Lexi and Chandler and my Aunt Linda. We call ourselves the "Boo Ya Shopping Club". After the boys retreat or head home we spend the evening going through the paper and sales ads and preparing our itinerary for Friday! Normally we get up around 3:30am to be at the stores bright and early, but this year we heard that the Outlet stores were opening at midnight, so we got the bright idea to go there first... so yes, we stayed up all night, headed out before midnight and shopped all night! But we got tired around 7:30am and "called it a day".... I think I came home and slept until 3:00pm!

Of course, our Friday was not without adventure and a funny story or two! First, so we were not the only people who got the idea to go to the Outlets at midnight. I think the whole city was there; the highway was backed up as far as you could see, it took us almost an hour just to get close enough to park in a field behind the Outlets. A fine field at the time; however, while we were shopping it began to rain! And it rained pretty hard - and well, that nice field turned into a swamp of mud! So, here we are - me and my cousin, Erika, heading to get the cars to pick everyone up - and we are literally slushing through the mud, sinking in it and it is covering our shoes. I almost lost my shoes once because the mud was so thick and heavy! And then we have to get in the car and drive with these disgusting shoes - fun! It's dark and raining and muddy and I am in Erick's car spinning out trying to get the thing out of the mud - I honestly thought I was going to get stuck! The mud was slinging everywhere and covered the tires... I think I left a trail for two miles on the street... it was like a scene in a movie, so hilarious. But we were headed to Kohl's for their 4:00am opening - where Erika and I spent the first 20 minutes washing our shoes in their sinks... sorry Kohl's! What a great memory and one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving.... shopping with my family, spending time with the girls. Can't wait until next year!

No comments: